TV Show On Super Food Tomatoes
Healthy Tomato Recipes-Now We’re Cooking
These are the healthy tomato recipes that are prepared on the hilariously funny Now We’re Cooking. If you haven’t seen the fun, fast, healthy cooking show which is hosted and produced by none other than Deb Bixler, then just click this link to watch. Now We’re Cooking
Cook like a professional chef-tomato recipe
1 tsp olive oil
¼ cup minced mushrooms
½ cup bread crumbs
1 Tbs. fresh oregano (or 1 tsp dry oregano)
¼ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
4 plum tomatoes
1. In saute pan on high heat, quickly saute minced mushrooms. Add lemon juice and stir quickly. Add in all other ingredient, except tomatoes, and stir to combine.
2. Cut a small slice off the bottom of each tomato and then cut an angled hole into the top of each tomato. Sprinkle hole lightly with S & P.
3. Fill tomatoes with mushroom filling and bake for 10-15 minutes in a 350º oven.
This is a yummy salsa!
Burnt Tomato Salsa
2 pkg. cherry or grape tomatoes
1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
½ cup diced red onion
2 Tb. red wine vinegar
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
6 basil leaves-thinly sliced
1. Wash and dry tomatoes. Cut in half toss in olive oil. Place onto broiler safe sheet pan, cut side down. With broiler on its highest setting, broil tomatoes on the top most shelf until skin burns. Watch closely!!
2. Cool tomatoes for 10 minutes and combine with all other ingredients including cooking liquid. Serve warm with steak, chicken or fish. Serve chilled with tortilla chips of cut veggies.
Tomatoes are gourmet food
Oven Dried Tomatoes 1 ½ lb. plum tomatoes
1 tsp. kosher salt1. Cut tomatoes long-wise. Sprinkle with salt and arrange on paper towels, cut side down. Let stand for 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 290º. Arrange tomatoes on baking stone cut side up and place in oven on middle rack.
3. Bake for 3.5-4 hours or until edges begin to curl up and tomato is dried. Store in air tight container under refrigeration for up to a 10 days or un the freezer for 1 month.
Try this on salads, veggies or tomatoes
1 qt. balsamic vinegar
1 cup real maple syrup
Put both ingredients into a sauce pan and heat until hot. On low heat cook continuously until reduced to one cup and mixture is a molasses consistency.
USES: Toss in skillet with diced tomatoes and serve over fresh ricotta.
Use as a base for salad dressings.
Drizzle directly onto ripened tomatoes.