The Bread Show
Now We’re Cooking Healthy Breakfast Recipes
This is one of the most popular shows that has aired on Now We’re Cooking. People are constantly commenting on this when I see them out and about. If you do not live in our viewing area, click here to VIEW NWC.
Pineapple Orange Yogurt Sauce
1 (8 oz) container 99% fat-free pineapple yogurt
1 (8oz) container 99% fat-free orange yogurt
Or any other flavors you would like
1. Combine booth yogurts and zest the orange into the yogurt mixture. combine.
2. Section the orange and just before service add to the yogurt sauce.
Good-For-You Potato Pancakes
1 large baking potato
1 large sweet potato
¼ cup minced onion
¼ tsp. marjoram
¼ tsp. thyme leaves
¼ tsp. rubbed sage
3 whole eggs
½ cup biscuit mix (preferably a whole wheat variety)
salt and pepper
¼ cup olive oil
1. Grate potatoes into bowl and add all other ingredients.
2. On a griddle heat the oil and sear pancakes on both sides. If you are eating right away then finish cooking on stove top, other wise, cook most of the way through and go to step three.
3. Finish in oven on a baking stone for 15 minutes.
This is a terrific casserole for two. Double or triple it for guests.
2 whole eggs
8 oz. egg white
3 Tbs. soy milk
3 Tbs. skim milk
1 cup chopped broccoli
¼ cup minced bell pepper
¼ cup diced tomato
2 green onion-sliced end to end
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 slices whole grain bread
Combine all ingredients, except bread. Whisk then fold in bread and bake in a lightly greased stoneware casserole dish at 375°.