2 Unique Turkey Leftover Recipes
Turkey Encore! Encore! Encore! that is the name of the Now We’re Cooking TV show episode that teaches creative turkey leftover recipe ideas.
Try these fun, fast and healthy recipes for that leftover turkey with a new twist.
Turkey Leftover Recipes
When you have turkey leftovers chances are you have a LOT of turkey leftovers so be don’t be afaid to create your own unique turkey leftover recipes…. anything goes!
Turkey and Cantaloupe Stuffed Zucchini
2 cups turkey – shredded
2 small zucchini
1 cup diced cantaloupe
¼ cup diced celery
½ cup reduced fat mayonnaise
1 tsp. curry powder
½ cup chopped cashews-divided
salt and pepper
- Cut zucchini length wise from end to end making 2 boats out of each zucchini and discarding a ½ inch strip from the center.
- Strip the seeds out of the zucchini boats using a Parisian scoop.
- Sear each boat in a hot skillet until brown. (cut edge only)
- Combine all other ingredients, reserving some cashews for garnish.
- Mix well. Fill boats with salad and top with cashews.
Healthy Turkey Pumpkin Split Pea Soup Recipe
- In a 4 qt. sauce pot combine stock, peas pepper and bay leaf. Heat to a bowl and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add diced onion and celery. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients and simmer 10 minutes. Remove bay leaf. Serve with crusty whole grain bread.
Any chicken, pork or even beef recipe can be turned into a turkey leftover recipe. Experiment with come up with your own!!