Easy Turkey Recipes
Fun, Fast, Healthy FREE Recipes For Turkey Left-Overs
Are the holidays getting you down on turkey? Here are some left-over turkey recipes that are just a bit different. Left over turkey does not have to mean unending meals of turkey sandwiches. Try something new with these healthy turkey left-over recipes. These were prepared on the Now We’re Cooking TV show, episode called Encore, Encore, Encore! Check out the Now We’re Cooking show.
Pumpkin Split Pea Soup
2 qt. de-fatted turkey stock
1 lb. split peas
½ tsp. cayenne pepper
2 bay leaves
1 medium onion-diced
2 stick celery diced
3 cup butternut squash-diced
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. nutmeg
1 or more cup of left over turkey pieces
- In a 4 qt. sauce pot combine stock, peas pepper and bay leaf. Heat to a bowl and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add diced onion and celery. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients and simmer 10 minutes. Serve with crusty whole grain bread.
2 Tbs. semolina flour
1 pizza crust (preferably whole wheat)
1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
2 cloves garlic-pressed
3 oz. part skim mozzarella cheese
1 cup cooked turkey strips
½ cup chopped broccoli
¼ cup sliced mushrooms
¼ cup red pepper-diced
3 oz. parmesan cheese-grated
- Stretch crust out on a semolina dusted stone to about 12″ diameter. Sprinkle with Italian Seasoning Mix.
- Add all ingredients from garlic to peppers. Place all ingredients on one side of the crust. Top with 2 oz. grated cheese.
- Lightly whisk egg with fork and brush edges of crust with egg using a pastry brush.
- Fold over crust to close and pinch to seal.
- Combine 1 tsp. of Seasoning Mix with egg mixture and brush on exterior of crust.
- Grate remaining cheese over outside.
- Bake at 500º for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Serve with hot pizza sauce.
Mexican Turkey Fajitas
1 tsp. olive oil
1 med. onion-sliced
½ cup sliced red pepper
¼ tsp. cumin
¼ tsp. chili powder
pinch cayenne pepper
2 cloves garlic
2 cup cooked turkey-strips
1 (14 oz.) can beans of your choice-drain and wash
- Sauté onion and pepper in skillet with olive oil. Sprinkle with spices.
- When onion is translucent add pressed garlic, turkey and beans.
- Stir and cook for approximates 5 minutes.
- Serve with Assorted Condiments of your choice
1 pkg. WW flour tortilla-warmed
chopped avocado (or guacamole)
sliced black olives
shredded cheddar cheese
Turkey and Cantaloupe Stuffed Zucchini
2 small zucchini
1cup diced cantaloupe
¼ cup diced celery
½ cup reduced fat mayonnaise
1 tsp. curry powder
½ cup chopped cashews-divided
salt and pepper
- Cut zucchini length wise from end to end making 2 boats out of each zucchini and discarding a ½ inch strip from the center.
- Strip the seeds out of the zucchini boats using a Parisian scoop.
- Sear each boat in a hot skillet until brown. (cut edge only)
- Combine all other ingredients, reserving some cashews for garnish.
- Mix well.
- Fill boats with salad and top with cashews.