Fast – Healthy Homemade Potato Salad
This homemade potato salad recipe uses 3 colors of fresh potatoes. Red, white and blue potatoes bring the patriotic colors into this recipe. When your food has lots of colors it is always healthier. Consider each dish an artist’s palate and paint the picture of healthy living in every dish.
Homemade Red, White and Blue Potato Salad
Making homemade potato salad is not hard. You will be amazed at how fast it is to whip up this red, white and blue recipe. This recipe serves 6-8.
Healthy Patriotic Potato Salad Recipe
1/2 pound baby red potatoes (new potatoes)
1/2 pound baby white potatoes – peeled
1/2 pound small blue (or purple) potatoes
1 medium onion thinly sliced
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup yogurt
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 tsp. fresh dill weed
Pinch of sugar (optional)
sliced green onions-sliced end to end
Salt and pepper to taste<
- Wash potatoes and peel only the white ones. Cut any larger ones into 1″ cubes if necessary.
- Bring 3 small pots of water to a boil and add each color of potatoes separately.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes or until tender when stabbed with a fork.
- While potatoes are cooking, mix all other ingredients together.
- Drain potatoes thoroughly and place each in a bowl separately then divide the onion evenly between the bowls.
- Pour 1/3 of the sauce mixture over each bowl while potatoes are still warm.
- Mix and refrigerate until cooled.
- Arrange on platter in rows of patriotic color.
For further patriotic garnish decorate the edges with red cabbage cups and sliced tomato.