Easy Whole Wheat Pie Crust
This simple whole wheat pie crust adds to your dessert the natural whole grain goodness that your family deserves. Any dessert that includes the whole grains has more fiber and will be healthier. Give your family the best dessert possible!
Whole Wheat Pie Crust Recipe
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/3 cup butter
4-6 Tablespoons cold water
- Place flour, salt and butter in food processor.
- Blend until butter is cut throughout the flour and the mixture resembles crumbs.
- Begin adding water gradually one tablespoon at a time and processing until dough begins to form.
- Check bottom of processor to insure that all flour is mixed.
- Dump out on a piece of parchment paper and form into a ball.
- Place another piece of parchment over top and roll out to 10 inch pie crust.
This is a great recipe to use for cold pies that call for a pre-cooked crust like the Patriotic Red, White and Blueberry pie (coming 8/8/11) or for any traditional baked pie.