Fast and Healthy Chicken Recipe
You have heard of “shake and bake” chicken… well this fast meal is “shake and grill” chicken and will put a healthy meal on your dinner table in 17 minutes! Part of our “Meals In 17 Minutes Or Less” series, the healthy message is:
- Eat plenty of veggies
- Use a wide variety of color in your meals
- Use “good” oils to reduce your cholesterol
- A protein portion is 3 ounces per meal
Fast Healthy Chicken Recipe
The key to easy grilled vegetables is to leave them big so that they can not fall through the slats in your grill!! Here is how to make a fast and healthy chicken recipe that is an entire meal for four in 17 minutes or less:
1 sweet potato
4 (3 oz) chicken breast
1 white potato (medium to large)
1 Tbs. olive or grape seed oil
1 Tbs. Italian seasoning mix (or other spice blend)
- Wash all your vegetables first
- Cut the carrots and zucchini into quarters. Cut lengthwise first, then diagonally.
- Slice white potato into 4 slices lengthwise.
- Slice onions into 1/2 inch slices.
- Slice sweet potato into 4 slices horizontally. (your sweet potatoes should be thicker than the whites)
- Place all ingredients in a plastic bag (preferably no holes in the bag!! LOL!)
- Dump out on your hot grill.
- Grill on medium for 5 minutes
- Turn and grill till done and serve
Grilled Vegetable Recipe
You can really use any vegetable you want in this healthy chicken recipe. Just pick out ones that you can cut into appropriate sizes so that they all cook in the same time frame. I used parsnips the other day!