Mexican Style Tofu Recipe
This is a simple recipe that is both vegetarian and gluten free. It is quick to make because it relies on simple convenience foods that are readily available in any grocery store, and it is a healthy meal choice.
Fast Delicious Vegetarian Recipe
This recipe is delicious and will satisfy the whole family even if they are not vegetarians. It can literally go from the car to the table in less than 17 minutes. Yesterday I bought all the ingredients and assembled the dish while putting the groceries away. I walked in the door at 1:05 and was eating by 1:20.
Healthy Gluten Free Recipes
All the recipes in the 17 Minute Meals category must be fast and healthy, this dinner covers all criteria. It fast and has many healthy attributes including:
- Gluten Free: if you care
- High Fiber: fiber makes everything better
- Legumes: eat legumes every day
- Low Fat: and most of the fats are the “good” fats
I included the brands that I used, to make the recipe and of course you can use any brand you want.
Healthy Mexican Tofu Recipe
This healthy Mexican vegetarian recipe serves 4 and is as spicy as you want it to be, based on your salsa’s heat.
1 (16 oz) jar Chi-Chi’s Salsa- Medium
1 (10 oz) bag Cascadian Farm organic whole kernel corn
1 (8 oz) package Nasoya cubed super firm tofu in water
1 (14 oz) can black beans
- Open tofu and drain. Dump out onto 2 layers of paper towels and allow to drain.
- Open, drain and wash black beans.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Add tofu and sear on all sides.
- Add all other ingredients and stir.
- Cover and heat for 5 minutes until corn is thawed.
If you cannot find pre-cubed tofu just buy the whole block and after draining it, cut it into cubes. It will add about 2 minutes to the time line but still fall into the category of a 17 minute meal.