Cheese balls are so easy to make and when you get creative they can easily be turned into spooky Halloween recipes.
These cheese balls were made using the recipe found here:
Easy Cheese Ball Recipe
Don’t be afraid to get creative!
We added yellow cheddar cheese to the recipe then coated the spider with a blend of poppy, caraway and black sesame seeds. You could use any combination for the black coating.
OK – so probably you can do better with the spider!! LOL
Spooky Halloween Recipes: Witches Fingers & Men’s Toes (Cheese Sticks)
This spooky Halloween recipe is amazingly simple and easy to make. Shape them into witches fingers or even toes…. Fun to serve!
8 oz. sharp white cheddar cheese
6 Tbs. unsalted butter – softened
1 tsp salt
½ tsp cayenne pepper
3/4 cup white flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 large egg yolk, mixed with 1 tablespoon of water
25-30 (about 1/3 cup) sliced almonds
red food color
- In a food processor, grate the cheddar cheese. Add the butter, salt, and cayenne, and process until smooth. Add the flour and pulse until incorporated. Turn the dough out onto a work surface and knead until smooth.
- Flatten and divide the dough into 25-30 strips and roll each piece into a 4-inch finger (or toe).
- Arrange the fingers on parchment paper–lined baking sheets and brush with the egg wash.
- Press an almond slice onto the end of each finger to resemble a fingernail.
- Refrigerate the cheese fingers until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Bake the cheese fingers at 350 degrees on the top shelf for about 25 minutes, until puffed and golden. Let the cheese fingers cool completely, then arrange on a platter and dribble with blood (red food color).
The Pumpkin Cheese Ball was made with the basic herbed cheese ball recipe then coated in crunched up nacho tortillas.
The stem is simply a pepper stem.
Send Us Your Cheese Creations!
We would love to see your spooky Halloween recipes. Send a picture to us and we will feature them on the site: Deb@DebBixler.com