Make Natural Cough Suppressant
It is simple to make a drug, alcohol free natural cough suppressant!
This is what you need:
- Organic Lemons
- Ginger Root
- Fresh Sage
- Raw Honey
Make Your Own Cough Medicine
- Wash lemons and slice paper thin.
- Wash ginger and slice as thin as possible then julienne. (Cut into matchsticks.)
- Wash sage and chiffonade. (Cut into paper thin shreds as thin as possible.)
- Layer about a half inch of lemon topped with a thin layer of ginger then sage.
- Add honey to drench then repeat till jar is full.
- Store in the refrigerator until needed.
Use As A Natural Cough Suppressant
After you mix up your natural cough medicine allow it to sit in the fridge for about 3 weeks before using.
When it is done resting, it will be juicier and the lemons will have become softer.
This is natural cough suppressant will keep under refrigeration almost indefinitely but for sure all through the flu season.
It tastes good, is drug and alcohol free and soothes sore throat too.
After 3 weeks use 1 tsp. as needed for coughs and sore throat.
The key to the medicinal properties is RAW honey, so make sure you get honey from a local supplier. If purchasing honey at the grocery store make sure it says RAW honey.
Use honey cough medicine for the whole family with the exception of infants.
It is a great cough medicine for kids but should not be given to babies under 1 year due to the natural bacteria it contains.
Never serve honey or honey products to infants!