Exercises That Fit Into Everyday Life!
Do-anywhere exercises are exercises that you can do everywhere and fit into your everyday life. A hundred years ago the only people who went to the gym were boxers and yet most people got plenty of exercise.
Do-Any Where Exercises
There are lots of exercises that you can do while you are doing other activities. The more activity we incorporate into our everyday life, the healthier we will be.
Some are the do-anywhere exercises that we hear about all the time are:
- Park far from the store entrance
- Take the steps not the elevator
Others that do not get as much publicity are:
- Cheek (butt) squeezes at the grocery store
- Stretches at the copy machine
- Calf raises in the shower
- Weight (canned goods) lifting while watching TV
- Standing up/pacing while talking on the phone
I am sure that you can think of more!
Active Lifestyle = Weight Lifting For Busy People!
If you only have time to walk from your car to the office, then make it count for more. When you use your muscles more they will get stronger and bigger.
Muscles burn more calories than fat.
Here are two things you can do to build muscles while walking and make the most out of short activity opportunities:
- To build more muscles when walking, squeeze your butt cheeks really tight. You will find that you are building muscle in your legs, thighs, stomach and butt when you walk like this.
- Lift (pretend) weights while walking. Visualize yourself holding dumbbells in your hands (but you are really not). Squeeze every muscle in your arms as if you are really lifting them and visualize the action and feel the muscles burn. There are many different weight lifting exercises you can do like this!