Healthy Strawberry Bread Recipe: Whole Wheat
This easy strawberry bread recipe is made with whole wheat flour.
It can be baked as muffins, as a loaf type bread or as I did it here in a sheet or bar pan.
No one will crinkle their nose up at this healthy strawberry bread!
Fresh Strawberry Bread Recipe
1 ½ cup buttermilk
1 cup brown sugar
¼ cup + 2 Tbs grapeseed oil
3 tsp. Vanilla
¼ tsp salt
3 cup whole wheat flour
1 ½ tsp baking soda
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
2 cup (or more if you want) sliced strawberries
¾ cup granola and ¾ cup granola
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together buttermilk, salt, brown sugar, oil, vanilla and egg until smooth.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon in another bowl.
- Then combine the two until just until moistened – mixed but not over-mixed.
- Gently fold in half of the berries and ¾ cup granola.
- Line baking sheet pan with parchment paper and pour in batter. Spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with remaining berries and the other ¾ up granola.
- Bake 28 to 33 minutes (in a sheet pan) or until top springs back when touched in the center.
This is a really quick throw-together recipe!
Make it in any sized pan you want with any type of fresh berries you would like.
It is a healthy alternative to the sticky-white-flour breakfast cake that everyone will LOVE!
<– This version of the same recipe was made with a (12 oz package) frozen mixed berries.