Gluten Free Recipes – Millet Soup
Gluten Free – Millet Soup Recipe
This Amazing Sunset Soup is my favorite soup recipe. It is a perfect dish for those who need gluten or wheat free recipes. Instead of noodles the carb is a good-for-you grain that is gluten free. Millet is nutrient dense and has a nice nutty flavor. This soup will warm you up on a cold snowy day. Millet is an often overlooked grain that is rarely found in the US kitchen. Millet can be substituted in any soup recipe, pilaf or grain dish for a gluten free recipe or for a flavor change.
Amazing Sunset Soup With Millet
6 cup chicken or vegetable stock (Make your own or buy an organic, chemical free stock.)
1/3 cup millet-toasted
1 tsp. olive oil
1 large onion-diced
3 garlic cloves-minced
1 large carrot-diced
1 sweet potato-peeled and diced
2 cup butternut squash soup
3 plum tomato-seeded and diced
1 roasted red pepper-peeled and diced
¼ tsp sea salt
¼ cup chiffonade basil
fresh ground black pepper
- Heat stock on stove.
- Toast millet carefully in a dry skillet until golden brown. When stock is boiling, stir in millet and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large sauce pot. Add onion, sauté for 1-2 minutes until lightly caramelized.
- Add carrot, potatoes, squash, and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, and stock with millet as well as the balance of the stock to the larger pot.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until millet is tender. Add tomato, salt, basil, diced roast pepper and black pepper.