High Calorie Beverages Slow Your Metabolism
Beware of your beverages because they are usually more calories than you think. Beverages are more calories than real food and have no fiber so they slow down your metabolism.
With the easy access of sport drinks, sodas, specialty teas and beverages, some of us are drinking more than our daily caloric requirements.
If you are having weight issues, and very few people are not concerned about their weight, you should probably look seriously at your beverages. Beverages go down easily and are not satisfying, yet are frequently providing you with the calories of a full meal or even a full day!
Don’t be confused by healthy and natural drinks
While healthy and natural drinks may provide quality nutrition, they can still pack on the pounds. When drinking a healthy drink, such as juice, or even a most protein shakes, you are getting vitamins, minerals and calories.
You are not getting the fiber.
Chew your food… don’t drink it!!
You should always chew your food rather than drink it!
When you eat a real apple or orange instead of juice you will increase your metabolism because of the fiber content which requires more digestion. This allows your body to burn calories as well as absorb more nutrients from the fruit.
Beverages go down so easily that you frequently consume far more calories than you expect, and are still not satisfied. Whole foods will leave you feeling more satiated with less calories.
Many beverages are more calories than an average healthy snack, meal or even more calories than half of your daily requirement
Common Beverages Calories
- Large McDonalds Milk Shake: 770 calories (Half of an average person’s daily caloric requirement)
- Caffé Vanilla Frappuccino® Light Blended Coffee Venti: 280 Calories (You could eat 4 oz cooked chicken breast, cauliflower and half a small sweet potato for this!)
- 8 oz Snapple Kiwi Cocktail: 117 calories (There is more than one serving in a bottle)
- 12 oz orange juice: 140 calories (A whole orange has about 80 calories and fiber too)
- 12 oz Coca Cola Classic: 120 calories (Some sodas at the mini-mart are 3 times this size)
- 12 oz chocolate milk, low fat: 170 calories (Chocolate reduces the body’s ability to use the calcium)
- 8 oz Turkey Hill Oolong Tea with Bilabo and Ginsing: 100 calories (Sounds healthy, doesn’t it? Did you ever see anyone drink only 8 oz of iced tea?)
- 1 can Slim Fast Optima Shake: 180 calories. (The same as a 3 egg-substitute omelet with broccoli, toast and lite cream cheese. Which would be more satisfying?)
Eat Your Calories… Drink Your Water!
Calories should be providing you with vitamins, nutrients, protein and fiber, among other things.
Water will hydrate you! When you drink enough water, your body will be better able to utilize the calories you consume in your foods.
The single most important thing for life-long good health is water.
That is not tea, Frappuccino, chocolate milk, etc. It is plain water.
You Can Lose Weight Without Dieting
Learn more solutions to weight loss without dieting in the home study program: Wow! You Are Really Lucky… You Have A High Metabolism!
This program will teach you skills so that you never have to rely on will power again. You will lose weight without dieting and never have to go on a diet again.