Low Calorie Meals: Sample 300 Calorie Meals
The ideal way to keep your metabolism revved up is to eat small-frequent meals.
Six small low calorie meals is ideal. Make sure that each meal includes carbs, protein and fiber or non-starchy vegetables.
Eating small balanced meals of less than 300 calories (give or take) each will assure weight loss and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Consistently consuming five or six low calorie-nutrient rich meals will equal weight loss.
Sample Low Calorie Meals
These snack/meal choices are approximate calculations using the brand indicated. When using other brands, the ingredients and calories can vary widely.
Each low calorie meal (or snack) should include lean protein and a fiber rich carb.
The combinations below should be supplemented with LOTS of non-starchy vegetable at every meal!
200 – 300 Calorie Meals or Snacks
I did not list the required vegetables or fiber necessary to make a balanced meal on each meal, so you should add vegetables at every meal/snack automatically.
You can and should eat an unlimited supply of non-starchy vegetables at every meal, or snack. These calories are approximate.
- 3-4 egg white omelet with broccoli (or other non-starch vegetable and 1 slice whole grain bread with fat-free cream cheese (or dry)
- Protein drink consisting of ½ cup water and one fruit portion, lots of ice cubes and 2 scoops of protein powder blended
- Tam-X-ico’s™ whole grain wrap, 3 oz cooked chicken breast, mustard, or horseradish, lettuce and lots of veggies
- 1/4 cup nuts
- 1/4 cup trail mix or granola
- 7-8 Triscuits™ with spread of low fat-cream cheese
- 5-6 Triscuits™ with refried black beans
- celery sticks with 2 Tbs. peanut butter
- sandwich with one piece of bread and 3 oz. chicken or 2 oz turkey breast, mustard
- huge salad with 1/2 cup black beans, unlimited veggies and 4 Triscuits™ with vinegar and fresh herbs
- one nitrate free (Shelton’s™) hot dog, one slice whole grain bread, ketchup and ¼ cup Deb’s Zesty Pickle recipe
- ½ cup Fantastic™ vegetarian chili, (made without the beans), celery sticks, ¼ cup Deb’s Zesty Pickle recipe
- ½ cup Fantastic™ vegetarian chili, (made without the beans), 7-8 Triscuits™
- ½ cup Fantastic™ vegetarian chili, made with the beans, celery sticks
- 2 Ryvita™ crackers, (a little short of) 1 Tbs. no-sugar added natural peanut butter, ½ pear sliced (I make this like a sandwich)
- 1/8th butternut squash baked, 1 tsp, raisins, and 1.5 tsp. brown sugar, (as per Deb’s recipe), 1 oz. cheddar cheese
- 4 Mi Del™ whole wheat graham crackers, 1.25 Tbs. Peanut butter
- ¾ cup fat-free yogurt-plain or fat-free cottage cheese with 1 fruit and 1 scoop of protein powder
- huge salad with 1 oz. feta cheese, unlimited veggies and 7-8 Triscuits™ with vinegar and fresh herbs
- ½ cup refried beans, ½ cup fresh tomato salsa (see Deb’s Recipe), with 1 Tam-X-ico’s™ whole grain wrap toasted in the toaster.
- ½ cup Fantastic™ vegetarian chili, (made without the beans), 4 oz. white, flat fish like flounder or tilapia (I add some water and cook the fish in the chili, it comes out like soup.)
- 2 Wheatabix™ biscuits, 1 cup soy or skim milk
- 1 Wheatabix™ biscuit, ¾ cup soy or skim milk, 1 fruit portion
- 4 oz. white, flat fish like flounder or tilapia, 1 small sweet potato (no condiments)
100-125 Calorie Meals or Snacks
These meals are not exact calories.
The point is to be aware and make every calorie count. The actual calories will vary by brand, actual portion size and any condiments or other things you may add to the meal
- ½ cup Fantastic™ vegetarian chili, celery sticks
- 1/8th butternut squash baked, 1 tsp, raisins, and 1.5 tsp. brown sugar, (as per Deb’s recipe)
- ¾ cup Puffins™ brand cereal (dry)
- ¾ cup fat-free yogurt-plain or fat-free cottage cheese with ¼ cup of fruit
- ½ cup refried beans, ½ cup fresh tomato salsa (see Deb’s Recipe), with celery, carrots, and radishes
- 2 cup oil popped pop corn (made by you)
- McDonalds Yogurt Parfait (skip the granola)
- McDonalds Chicken Caesar (skip the dressing, ask for vinegar)
- Burger King Veggie Burger (no bun, no condiments)
- Subway 4” Sub (not tuna, no cheese, no condiments)
- Wendy’s low-fat strawberry yogurt (skip the granola)
Eat Lots Of Vegetables
Don’t forget that all of these “meals” require the addition of unlimited non-starchy vegetables.
Eat as many non-starchy vegetables, both raw and cooked everyday as you want.
They should be condiment free, with the exception of a little salt, other spices or pepper. Vinegar is also unlimited usage and is delicious over all of these vegetables.
It is good to include a cruciferous vegetable everyday. Cruciferous Vegetables are in the cabbage family: cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, Swiss chard
Other Good Vegetables: green beans, carrots, celery, radishes, spinach, leaf lettuces, romaine, carrot tops…. Did I say UNLIMITED non-starchy veggies~!!
Deb’s Favorite Brand Names
Approximate portion size to calorie ratio
Tam-X-ico’s™ whole grain wrap: 120 c
7-8 Triscuits™: 180 c
½ cup Fantastic™ vegetarian chili (prepared measure) 100 c
2 Ryvita™ crackers: 100 c
4 Mi Del™ whole wheat graham crackers: 140 c
2 Wheatabix™: 120 c
¾ cup Puffins™ brand cereal: 100 c
Shelton’s™ hot dog: 60 calories per dog
You Can Maintain Ideal Weight
This is only a small part of the Wow! You Are Really Lucky weight loss program. To learn more about losing weight and keeping it off!