Foods To Prevent Cancer
Recently when cruising the internet I ran across the American Cancer Research Institute website and since I frequently present at the National Cancer Research Institute I stopped to look around.
Their list of 9 ways to prevent cancer naturally caught my eye. I realized that my heart healthy graphic (below) matched a natural cancer prevention diet as well!
Eating more fiber is the way to protect your heart and also how to naturally prevent cancer.
Print the full sized heart healthy PDF of a diet to fight cancer and keep your heart strong.
The American Cancer Research Institute (ACRI) says that there are specific things you can do to reduce your chances of cancer. The ACRI has reviewed over 70,000 studies and found these ways to naturally reduce your chance of cancer that could also be used as alternative cancer treatments.
Nine Ways To Naturally Prevent Cancer
- Don’t smoke or use tobacco products.
- Be as lean as possible within normal body range.
- Be physically active as a part of your everyday life.
- Limit intake of energy-dense foods (high sugar and refined carbs).
- Eat plant-based foods as the majority of your food intake.
- Limit red meat and processed meats.
- Limit alcohol consumption.
- Limit consumption of salt.
- Make your goal to meet your nutritional requirements from your foods naturally and use supplements as an added insurance.
Top Foods To Prevent Cancer
Some foods have specific cancer-fighting properties and others actually stress our immune system and make us more susceptible to all cancers including breast cancer!
It really goes without saying that the cancer-fighting foods are the fresh organic vegetables that will provide you with many cancer fighting benefits.
Specifically, these are the top cancer-fighting foods:
- Garlic, Leeks, Onions
- Cruciferous vegetables including cabbage, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower
- Spinach, kale and other dark leafy greens
- Raspberries, strawberries and blueberries
- Omega 3 fatty acids found in flax, fish, walnuts and more…
When you seek out cancer-fighting foods your body is better able to fight disease.
Foods To Reduce – Eliminate
Foods that we should eliminate or reduce in our diet include animal proteins, milk products, caffeine, and especially sugars!
Sugar in all forms reduces your immune system. Every time you eat sugar-based products you are suppressing your white blood cells ability to destroy toxins and fight disease.
While nothing will guarantee that you will never get cancer, your food choices good and bad affect your body’s ability to fight off cancer!
Focus on the foods that you do want and avoid the ones that compromise your body’s ability to stay healthy!