Nutty Power Bars Recipe
These nutty power bars are high in omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. Called ‘essential’ fats, omega 3 and 6 fatty acids MUST be consumed in your diet.
Most of us do not consume enough omega 3 and omega 6’s.
These nutty power bars are high in these necessary fats and make a great sweet snack or dessert to add to your diet.
Nutty Power Bars
2/3 cup dried apricots
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp vanilla
3/4 cup rolled oats (not instant)
2 ½ cup any nuts, seeds & dried fruit (walnuts, almonds, pecans, pepitas, cranberries, blueberries)
- Soak apricots for 30 minutes.
- Add apricots, dates, honey and vanilla to food processor and process to a paste.
- Add remaining ingredients (saving half) and pulse.
- Add in reserved ingredients and mix without using the blade.
- Spread out in a parchment lined pan and sprinkle with chia seeds.
- Chill or freeze then cut into cubes.
- Store in the freezer.
This simple recipe will become a family favorite and add an essential nutrient to your diet that you most likely are missing.
Feel free to eliminate the honey and don’t hesitate to play around with different nuts and seeds.
Many conventional grocery stores even sell a ‘Omega 3 Nut Blend’ that make it really easy to throw together these nutty power bars!