Healthy Ideas For Kids Lunch Boxes
Healthy Food For Lunch Boxes
When packing your kids’ lunch boxes, think fuel! The food you put in your child’s lunch box or brown bag lunch should sustain her/him for the day. Your lunch box food can give your child the ability to be a better student. A well-thought-out healthy lunch is the best investment you can make in your child’s education.
Quick and Easy Lunch Box Check List
Use this quick and easy checklist to ensure you are packing a lunch that is nutritionally sound. Pack kid-sized portions and choose one from each group to give your child all the building blocks of life.
- Vegetables: baby carrots, celery, cauliflower, green leaf lettuces, cherry tomatoes
- Fruit: fresh, dry or natural juice
- Protein: Lean meat, legumes, hard boiled egg, nuts
- Whole Grain: whole wheat bread, whole wheat pita, Triscuits, whole grain tortilla (NOTE: Gluten free? Must be whole grain: brown rice, whole kamut, etc.)
- Dairy: milk, yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese
Healthy Kids Lunch Box
Your kids deserve a healthy lunch. Kids will eat a healthy meal when it’s packed in their lunch box in a creative and fun manner. Try to think outside the box. Kids love salsa, so offer a prepared salsa with red beans stirred in and whole grain corn tortilla chips. Try some apple chips instead of a fresh apple or to replace the raisins.