Holiday Gifts In A Jar-Gift Giving Ideas
Gifts In A Jar = Great Food Craft For Kids
Making gifts in a jar can be a rewarding afternoon with the kids making a craft that becomes a gift. Gifts in a jar are a great holiday gift that can be rewarding for the kids and also for the person receiving. Whenever kids cook or “play” with food before they are 12, it impacts their lifelong good health. Even though brownies are not healthy, this is an opportunity to teach small children the value of time in the kitchen. Using a small amount of whole wheat flour does not change the taste and gives you a chance to explain to children the value of whole wheat.
Brownie Gifts In A Jar
This recipe for gifts in a jar makes a 2 quart bowl as pictured in the video. Just cut your ingredients in half for a one quart jar.
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup M&Ms
1 cup flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
any flavor chocolate chips
3/4 cup walnut pieces
- Combine half of sugar with cinnamon.
- Layer the ingredients in your batter bowl patting gently in this order: salt, baking powder, 1/2 cup wheat flour, cocoa powder, plain sugar, M&Ms, walnut pieces, 1 cup white flour, cinnamon sugar, chocolate chips
- Cover with wrap and batter bowl lid. Add instructions for baking on a holiday card as follows.
Instructions For Holiday Gift Tag:
- Heat oven to 350*
- Spray baking pan with pan spray or coat with oil.
- Mix brownie mix with 3 eggs, 1/3 cup water and 1 tsp. vanilla.
(If making only 1 QT, tag should say = 2 eggs, 1/4 cup water, 1/2 tsp. vanilla)
- Bake 35 minutes.